Love your pets with the gift of protection:
Love is not enough to protect your pets from illness. But you can protect them from deadly diseases with vaccination. Vaccination is always a hot topic in the media. There's plenty of information and scare tactics floating around on social media and so when it comes to vaccinating your pet, we want you to get the right advice.
The take home message is that vaccinations are safe and have minimal (if any) side effects. The reason we recommend vaccinations is because they work to keep your pets healthy. The bonus is that when your pets come into the clinic for a yearly booster they get a full Veterinary examination which is important to ensure your pets are as healthy as they seem. Your pets are aging 4-7 years for every human year and a lot can happen in the time between Veterinary visits. Hidden disease is common in pets and it is our job to find any issues early.
These are the top reasons vaccinations are so vital:
- They protect against deadly diseases: many dangerous diseases are completely preventable with the correct vaccinations.
- Vaccinations save money: vaccinations are substantially less expensive than the cost of treatment for the diseases they prevent.
- You can board your pet with other animals: if you ever plan to board your dog or cat he must be up to date with his vaccinations - what would happen if you had a family emergency and boarding was the only option?
- Visits to the vet hospital: if your pet has to stay in hospital he needs to be vaccinated. If your pet is sick, his immune system may be already be compromised so you want to know he is protected.
- A full health examination at the time of vaccination is important for the long term health and happiness of your pets.
There are many diseases we are able to vaccinate against but your pet's health, lifestyle and where you live may affect which vaccinations are necessary - we can help you make an informed decision and are always happy to discuss vaccinations with you.
When it comes to vaccinating your pet, we will give you the right advice.
If your pet is overdue, phone us on 5491 1056 and we can get you up to date.