These yummy pupcakes are perfect for a special celebration with your pooch. (Perfect for Valentine's day). They only take 15 minutes to make and the recipe is enough for 6 pupcakes.
- 1/2 cup rice flour (brown is best, or whole wheat flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1/3 cup apple sauce or tinned apple
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons plain yoghurt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons peanut butter (check it is xylitol free - xylitol is toxic to dogs)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C
- In a mixing bowl stir the flour and baking powder together
- Whisk the egg and combine with oil, apple and honey
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients together well
- Insert cupcake liners into a muffin or cupcake pan. Spoon mixture into cupcake liners, filling each about halfway.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the centre of a cupcake comes out clean.
- Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, stir yoghurt and peanut butter until mixture is smooth and creamy. Spread a thin layer of peanut butter frosting over each cake.
- Enjoy watching your pooch devour with delight!!
Storage: cupcakes should hold for up to 4-5 days if stored in an airtight container in a cool, dry position. Store peanut butter frosting in the fridge separately and frost immediately before serving.